Elena Moiseenko is an accomplished business professional who has spent more than thirty years advancing in her career. As the Associate Manger of Eligibility and Benefit Services at Public Consulting Group, Inc., in Boston, Massachusetts, she spends most of the day sitting behind a desk. To help combat her sedentary days, she likes to walk in the evenings. While walking doesn’t require any special athletic skills or equipment, it provides a number of health benefits.
• Walking helps to protect against dementia. Cerebral blood flow is improved when you walk, which can help to lower your risks of vascular disease and to stave off dementia.
• A great form of weight-bearing exercise, walking can help to prevent osteoporosis and osteoarthritis. Walking helps to maintain the healthy cartilage in the knees that helps to reduce pain, stiffness, and swelling.
• Walking just twenty to thirty minutes a day can help reduce your blood sugar for up to 24 hours. This can help prevent diabetes altogether or help you keep it under control if you have already been diagnosed.
• The best medicine to help you reduce pain from arthritis is a brisk walk. Walking an hour every day can help you reduce the pain associated with arthritis and help to prevent future disability.
• Walking is a great way to improve your mood and treat depression when medication alone doesn’t help.
You don’t have to commit to hours of walking a day to gain the many health benefits it offers. Elena Moiseenko enjoys spending her evenings walking to help her relieve stress and unwind from her long days as an Associate Manager.
Also visit following links :